Gorgeous blooms can make the look of your wedding day when you work with a floral designer that understands your vision and helps you to enhance it! Schedule a consult and come with your ideas and color palette in mind, but be open to the advice and creativity of the floral expert. They can help you with bloom selections and suggest other rental decor items to help with ceremony and reception designs that stay within your budget. We know today's wedding couples want a unique experience and atmosphere for their guests, so feel free to think outside the box and create an event that is truly you!
Today, we're showing off floral trends from the 5 trending wedding color palettes, styles, and themes we've spotted for 2022! Featuring talented Madison, Wisconsin, area florists, we know you're going to love each vibe and beautifully unique arrangement. Below, you'll be able to snag some of our best tips, a vendor timeline, and lists of popular florals and filler greenery to help you plan your own beautiful floral details!
WHAT TO KNOW + ASK
- Is there a fee for a consultation? This can be well worth it for their time in consulting, brainstorming, and creating an estimate.
- Know your general vision and color palette.
- Bring photos to your consultation of wedding elements such as stationery venues, attire, or any decorative pieces, to help match a certain look or style.
- Does the season or pandemic affect the flower options you are considering?
- Know for whom you need floral for: the couple, parents, attendants, and special guests. There is a basic checklist in the worksheets section of our magazine.
- Know where you may want flowers for the ceremony and reception.
- Ask if the florist has any suggestions to achieve the look you are going for while staying within your budget. Decide if you are willing to go above your budget to get what you want.
- Ask if they do all the delivery, set up, pinning on boutonnieres, moving items between locations, and what needs to be picked up or returned. Discuss set up and tear down times, return policy, and all fees involved.
- Do they offer any rental items that could add special touches to the event?
- Discuss flower substitutions and pricing differences for any flowers that may be out of season, affected by the pandemic, or become unavailable.
12-18 MONTHS BEFORE: Schedule an initial consultation, as florists book over a year in advance for specific dates.
6-8 WEEKS BEFORE: Schedule a follow-up meeting to tie up loose ends before the flowers are ordered,
1 WEEK BEFORE: Check in with any final details and verify your order.
Silver Dollar Eucalyptus
Olive Branches Succulents
Lacy Jasmine Vine