Going ring shopping? Buying wedding rings is a crazy exciting time and can also be a considerable expense. Whether ready-to-wear or custom designed, there are so many gorgeous options for metals and gemstones to make your wedding rings uniquely yours. Trust a reputable professional to help you find a metal that works well with your lifestyle and occupation, and gemstones that are the cut, color & clarity you desire. Costs will vary depending on the metals and gemstones chosen, so have a budget in mind and a vision or pin away some photos of your favorite designs you like for inspiration. Add special touches and personalization with a unique metal, textured finishes, or custom engraving. Following your nuptials, be sure to continue with basic cleanings and have gemstones checked quarterly for loose or broken settings. Here are a few tips from local Madison wedding jewelers for finding the perfect wedding rings.
- Discuss with your fiance if you want matching bands or any other type of personalization.
- Decide if you want custom designed or ready-to-wear rings.
- Always work with a reputable jeweler you can trust.
- Ask the jeweler for metal recommendations that are suiting to your job and lifestyle.
- Have the jeweler explain the cut, color & clarity so you get the quality of gemstone you desire.
- Ask your jeweler about conflict-free certification on your gem purchase.
- Get tips on cleaning and care, and warranties for replacing stones or the entire ring, in case of loss.
- Don't forget to continue getting your settings checked regularly.
- Check with your insurance agency to get the rings added to your renters or homeowners policy.
2 MONTHS BEFORE: Shop for and purchase wedding rings, or decide on ring designs, if choosing custom-made.
1 MONTH BEFORE: Approve or make changes to 3D prototype, if custom rings; followed by final tweaks.
0-4 WEEKS BEFORE: Pick up rings.