Confident and pampered. These are just two of the many ways we know you want to feel on your wedding day! From beauty inspiration and tips to a pre-wedding timeline and more, today's blog is all about helping you plan and prepare to look and feel your best on your special day!
Our local Madison, Wisconsin, area has many talented and trusted vendors specializing in hair, makeup, nutrition, exercise, and overall health. Click here to browse some of our favorites! Ready to dive in? Let's go!
TIPS + THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Find out how far in advance you will need to book your pre-trial and wedding day hair and makeup.
- Find out how many people the salon can accommodate, or do you want someone on-site?
- Ask if they have any samples of their work or ideas based on the style of your gown.
- Be sure to choose a hairstyle and makeup that is comfortable for you and matches your personality.
- Don't make any drastic changes right before the wedding.
- Be sure to schedule and attend all appointments for your overall health like with a chiropractor, dentist, eye doctor, counselor, or primary care physician.
- Consider wedding party hair, makeup, or spa treatments as gifts or a day at the spa for a fun wedding shower alternative.
9-12 MONTHS BEFORE:
- Book your hair and makeup salon professional to ensure your preferred date and time.
- Implement nutrition and exercise programs/changes.
- Start a skincare routine. (Consult a professional esthetician for facials and customized skincare help. Your last facial should be a week or more before the wedding.)
1-2 MONTHS BEFORE:
- Do a trial run with hair and makeup. Not only will you preview the look, but you'll also have the opportunity to check for allergies and compatibility.
1-2 WEEKS BEFORE:
- Attend any haircut/coloring appointments.
- Get eyelash extensions.
- Get eyebrow or body waxing done so irritations will have plenty of time to subside.
- Attend final facial appointment before wedding day.
1 DAY BEFORE:
- Men may consider returning for a final shampoo and hair trim (beard and mustache included.)
- Get a manicure and pedicure. (Polish takes three to four hours to dry completely, so don't schedule the appointment amidst a flurry of last-minute activities. Instead, after your appointment, go home to get ready for the rehearsal dinner.)
For more wedding inspiration and planning tips, head to the WedPlan Madison blog!